Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

21 Weeks


This week has been interesting, to say the least. Strangers are starting to ask me when I am due. So, I know that I must be showing more, even though comparing to last week I think I pretty much look the same.

It's funny because I have always heard pregnant girls says that first its annoying because you aren't really showing and people just think you are fat rather than pregnant. Then you start showing and for some reason people think you are going to pop tomorrow and proceed to tell you how huge you are for the rest of your pregnancy. Apparently people have no shame expressing this.

The first one was a guy on Monday, so I will let it slide. He asked if I was having my baby soon. I told him, "no, I am due in November." He laughed and just asked a few questions about if it was our first and so on.

Then later that evening this girl asks pretty much the same question. I tell her I am due in November. So, she looks really surprised and says, "so, are you just really big for how far along you are?" I say, "umm, I think it is fairly normal, I AM more than half way done." I just had to laugh, because I am going to get waaaaay bigger and I think it is hilarious that people have absolutely no shame expressing their opinions about your size.

I guess I get to look forward to lots of unsolicited advice, comments, and belly rubs from complete strangers from here on out. It must be some sort of pregnancy right of passage. Haha.

1 comment:

  1. Nice post....I have been waiting to see these. You are beautiful! and so is your belly :)
    I am so looking forward to Friday. Enjoy all of the random comments...write them in your book so you can laugh about them later!
    love...one of the gramma's of your little bambino :)

    ReplyDelete